ACT Aspire assessments are appropriate for all students except for those with the most severe cognitive disabilities. These students require alternative assessments based on alternate achievement standards (AA/AAS) to meet their unique needs, as determined by states and local school districts.
- Conformance with the Accessible Portable Item Protocol (APIP) Standards
- Audio supports, such as text-to-speech and verbal descriptions of graphics
- Second-language supports, including Spanish translations of tests and support materials
- Visual supports, such as various color contrast settings, screen magnification and line readers
- Motor supports, such as navigational aids and (for some components) speech-to-text
- Cognitive and engagement supports, such as answer masking
- American Sign Language (ASL)
- Braille and tactile graphics
- Large type paper-and-pencil
Refer to the ACT Aspire Accessibility User Guide PDF for additional details.