Educators need a complete understanding of their student’s college and career readiness to truly prepare them for their next steps. That’s why ACT® Aspire® continues to enhance its tools and reports to provide more powerful insights into college and career readiness. These enhancements are the result of feedback from students, parents and educators.
Extensive Reporting Enhancements Drive Powerful Insights
- Reporting times reduced for 2016 – 2017 administrations.
- New Class Roster report, available after rollover, which informs educators of their incoming class’s previous test scores. This insight to past performance will allow for targeted instruction.
- Printable educator reports for easier review and delivery.
- The 4-page Individual Student Report (ISR) has been streamlined to 2 pages.
- Addition of the “Exceeding” Readiness Level to the following reports:
- Individual Student Reports (ISR)
- Current Progress Reports
- Subject Proficiency by Grade
- Subject Proficiency by Demographic
- Subject Proficiency by School and Grade
- Proficiency Summary
- The Skill Proficiency and Proficiency Summary reports now include Growth Indicator values for each student.
- Skill Proficiency by Demographic Report is now available at the State, District, and school level.
- Static Sort of subject and report categories are now in place on the Skill Proficiency by Subject and Proficiency Summary Reports providing a consistent view of the report for users.
Faster and Easier Ways to Manage Test Sessions
- Students can now be added to a test session, forced closed, or comments can be added directly from the student profile page.
- Functionality to create multiple test sessions by Group or Teacher.
- Availability of Test Session Comments extract for both CBT and PBT.
- Users with administrator and test coordinator permissions may now comment on closed test sessions.
- Organization owners can request increased security to ensure only specific users can close test sessions.
- Users can now submit multiple transfer requests.
- Additional time has been added to the ACT Aspire writing and math assessments.
- Writing | Grades 3, 4, 5: now 45 minutes and Grades 6,7,8 and EHS: now 40 minutes
- Math | Grades 6 and 7: now 75 minutes
Enhanced Data Management for Improved Student Diagnostics
- Ability to delete a student from the Portal in the Student Profile.
- Student Profile now displays longitudinal invalidation information.
- Extended user permissions with options to auto-close and reinstate student tests when approved.
- Student invalidation and reinstatement extracts now include information for previously transferred students.
- Test attempt records now travel to a student’s new school after a transfer request has been approved. This update allows for additional insight into a student’s testing history.
New Communication Tools for Expanded Correspondence
- Users with Administrator permissions may now create and send system messages within the Portal, adding an extra channel for communication with organization members and receipt of certain ACT Aspire communications.
- Chat functionality has been implemented that allows users with portal access to quickly chat with an ACT Aspire agent using an instant messaging functionality.
Improved Additional Order Process for Efficient Order Updates
- Additional orders may now be placed by users with Administrator or Test Coordinator permissions via functionality in the Portal. This functionality will allow for a more streamlined process for ordering additional paper testing materials when needed.
New Alliance to Help Bridge the Gap Between Assessment and Instruction
- ACT Aspire is pleased to announce our alliance with Classworks®, an online instruction and assessment solution that is proven to help K – 8 students become critical thinkers and independent learners. In the 2016-2017 school year, bridge the gap between ACT Aspire assessments and instruction by pairing ACT Aspire with Classworks. ACT Aspire assessment data works hand in hand with Classworks suite of instruction. Using ACT Aspire’s assessment results, Classworks automatically delivers custom lessons that target the exact skills students need to get back on track. Teachers have the flexibility to customize the instructional paths for each student. To learn more about Classworks alliance go to discoveractaspire.org/news/.
Learn more about these enhancements and other exciting developments from ACT Aspire @ https://actaspire.tms.pearson.com/ under the “Enhancement Demo” link.