PRIVACY STATEMENT FOR CUSTOMERS
Personally identifiable information is information that identifies a specific person, such as name or home address. ACT Aspire, LLC’s general policy on the release of personally identifiable information (PII) that is collected as part of the ACT Aspire™ program is that it will not provide such information to a third party without the consent of the individual (or, in the case of an individual under age 18, the consent of a parent or legal guardian). However, ACT Aspire may share PII as follows, as allowed by applicable laws:
- ACT Aspire will share PII with its member companies, NCS Pearson, Inc., and ACT, Inc. Both member companies provide services to ACT Aspire that are essential for ACT Aspire to provide testing services, and both members will use PII only in the same ways ACT Aspire can in accordance with this policy. In the event of dissolution of ACT Aspire, LLC, its members will assume ownership of its assets, including routine business records that may include PII.
- ACT Aspire may provide PII to a state agency, school district, or school, where that party has paid the fee for the individual to take the assessment. This PII may include linking information relating to ACT Aspire™ assessments with information relating to ACT programs such as the ACT assessment.
- If the individual is under 18 years of age, ACT Aspire may provide PII to the individual’s parent or guardian, who may direct us to release the information to third parties. If the individual is 18 years of age or older, ACT Aspire may provide PII to the individual, who may direct us to release the information to third parties.
- At the request of a school or other organization qualified to receive data as disclosed above, and in the discretion of ACT Aspire and its member companies, ACT Aspire may choose to release data including PII to third parties providing certain data analysis, research, or administrative or educational support services to such school or organization. In such cases, the third party must provide a written description of the services it provides to the school or organization and sign a confidentiality agreement.
- ACT Aspire may enter into contracts with third parties to perform functions on its behalf, which may include assisting it in processing PII. These parties are contractually required to maintain the confidentiality of the information and are restricted from using the information for any purposes other than performance of those functions.
- ACT Aspire may disclose PII to facilitate the testing process, for example, to test proctors.
- ACT Aspire may provide PII as required or allowed by operation of law, or to protect the health and safety of its customers or others.
ACT Aspire may authorize its members and other subcontractors to use de-identified and aggregate data for other purposes, such as research. PII will not be included in any de-identified or aggregate data sets.